To ensure the safety and health of all animals and staff at Smoochie Poochies, we require all clients to comply with the following Rules and Regulations:
- All dogs must have up-to-date vaccinations. Owners must submit a written record prior to evaluation, that their dog(s) have current DHPP, Lepto, Rabies, and Bordetella vaccinations. The specific vaccines required are Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Para influenza, Parvovirus, Rabies, and Bordetella. It is your responsibility to provide on-going verification of current vaccinations.
- Puppies may begin daycare before they receive their Rabies vaccine and before they are spayed or neutered.
- All dogs must be healthy. Pet parents will need to certify that their dogs have been free from any condition that could potentially jeopardize themselves or other guests. Dogs that have been ill with a communicable condition in the last 15 days will require veterinary certification of health to be admitted or re-admitted. If, at any time during care, a dog is noticed to have fleas or ticks, treatment will be applied and charged to the pet parent at the minimum rate of $20.00.
- All food brought to Smoochie Poochies must be stored in an airtight container or bag labeled with your dog’s full name (first name and pet parent surname).
- All dogs must pass a behaviour assessment in order to attend Smoochie Poochies Daycare. They must be non-aggressive, and not be food or toy protective. Any dog that has previously harmed or shown any aggressive or threatening behaviour toward any person or other dog(s) cannot attend Smoochie Poochies Daycare. Remember, your pet will be spending time with other pets and the safety and health of every dog is our main priority. Keep in mind that although it is supervised play, your dog might still acquire an occasional nip or scratch.
- Dogs and puppies of all ages are allowed at Smoochie Poochies Daycare as long as the dog or puppy meets Smoochie Poochies criteria.
- All dogs must have a complete, up-to-date, and approved enrollment form on file. If your dog has been out of daycare for six (6) months or more, re-assessment is required and fees will be applied. ALL FORMS MUST BE SIGNED BY THE PET PARENT BEFORE ENROLLMENT.
- Fees are due and payable at the end of each day. Cash or MasterCard / Visa are accepted. Discounted packages are provided only if they are paid in advance. Pre-paid packages are non-refundable. Our program is flexible enough to accommodate reasonable special needs requests.